Research-Creation Journal // No. 15 - Oct 7, '21
Things have been very busy with a big grant application that was due yesterday and taking over a larger part of my studio space. This has meant most of my practicing has been more maintenance with not much exploration. However, I did record two videos that I'm pleased with. The first demonstrates a new set of feedback harmonies I'm working with (check out the notation) and the second is an improv based on them.
Since then, I've spent lots of time setting up the studio and getting sucked into the rabbit hole of my new Tascam 424 portastudio: aux sends, recording to tape, outputting to multiple amps and my audio interface, etc. I'm really happy with the new setup (as are the other guys chez le local) and very inspired to be making music. Thoughts / notes below:
Thanks for reading,